How are you doing?
So excited I can barely contain myself for three reasons.
1. I don’t have to work until 2014. Bliss
2. It’s Christmas Eve and I get to spend the next couples of days relaxing with my family and stuffing myself silly.
3. Drumroll please. I’m debuting the one, the only HAIRBOW!
What hair style are you
failing at trying today?
Pay attention Other Me, it’s Hairbow time.
Yes, to honour baby Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas (rampant commericialism) I am making my hair look like a giant present.
If this hair had a personality it would be…
Mickey’s sweetheart, Minnie Mouse. All I need is a pair of mouse ears and I’m ready to rock and roll.
What do I need?
And one BIG can of hairspray!
- Turn head upside down and brush hair to add volume
- Gather hair into a ponytail on top of the head
- Fold ponytail into a large bun with the tail of the hair facing inwards towards your forehead
- Divide bun into the two loops of the bow.
- Pull out and secure with hair pins.
- Loop the hair over the middle of the bow and pin.
- Spray with hair spray like you hate the environment.
How long did it take?
How easy it? Could Rowan do it?
So much easier than I thought, my lovely friend Beth was right. The only slightly fiddly bit was deciding how far forward I wanted the hairbow. I think doing one on the back of your head would be tougher but I’m all about taking the easy option, at least where hair is concerned 🙂
Show us the finished product?
Here you go.
Pictures of me looking absurdly pleased with myself.
And EXTREME CLOSE-UP
‘Did you do that by yourself or did you get help?.’
Casting asperions on my skillz HWSNBN! I assure you I did this via my own fair hands.
Why are you doing this again?
To make the Hairbow my bitch. Oh yeah, and there’s this charitable thing I’m doing as well: